Friday, April 3, 2015

Of Rainbows and Promises


We have had sunshine, rain, sunshine, and a little more rain the last few days.  After Wednesday's rain, I walked into the kitchen and glanced out my window as usual.  The photo above is what I saw.


All thoughts of what I was going to the kitchen for were forgotten as I grabbed my camera and made a mad dash out the door to get a better look at this most beautiful rainbow that appeared to be taller than I've ever seen!  It was incredible and so large that I couldn't get the whole rainbow in my viewfinder.   It was also a double rainbow which you might have noticed in the first photo. 
 

Here's the other end that didn't get captured with my little Elph camera.  After a few clicks, I just stood and gazed at this awesome sight and I thought of God's promise when he set the bow in the sky.  

I also thought of many promises I've made....some I've kept and some I've broken.  We can be assured that God always keeps his promises.  He sent his son to die for our sins and raised him up again on the third day so that we who believe in him will not perish but have everlasting life.  Jesus said, "For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”  John 6:40

That is what Easter is all about.  Not getting baskets of candy or shopping for the perfect outfit to wear to church or coloring eggs.  Those things are fun and part of our celebrations, but we must remember the real reason we celebrate Easter.  He Is Risen!  Amen.  

I wish each of you a most wonderful and blessed Easter holiday!  I will see you next week. 

If you haven't entered my giveaway, there is still time. Just leave a comment in my previous post by Saturday midnight.
 
Happy Friday to you!
xo Cheryl

29 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous huge rainbow! And I see the double! A reminder of his promise on Easter weekend. Your pictures are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful sight! A wonderful Savior ---- HE IS RISEN INDEED! Have a most blessedly bountiful and bountifully blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful! Happy Easter Cheryl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen one of these double rainbows in my life, and pictures or words can't describe it. Proof that God creates the most beautiful sights in this world. Thanks for this post that points your readers to the most wonderful promise of all - life eternal with Jesus Christ to all who believe he lived, died and was resurrected. Happy Easter to all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post, Cheryl, and SO TRUE... I love Holy Week but have been sad this week especially since Christians across the world and in our country are being killed or persecuted simply because of their faith... Why is there so much anger and hatred in our country? Why can't we all accept each other and just get along? Very sad.....

    BUT--the RAINBOWS do give us HOPE.... God is still in control.
    Have a blessed Easter.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. really beautiful, cheryl! happy easter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful rainbow! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful rainbows and post. Many years ago, I got a plaque that said "a rainbow is a promise from God" and I started collecting Noah's Ark stuff. I have a whole Christmas tree that is nothing but Noah's Arl . Thanks for sharing the real meaning of Easter.

    Happy Easter to you and your So!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Easter! What a beautiful rainbow:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cheryl!

    I love the promise God made with the rainbow . . . perfect for Easter! So beautiful!!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  11. He is risen indeed!!

    So glorious, the fact that He lives! Oh, what a gift that rainbow was! Thank you for sharing it with us along with your ponderings on God's unfailing promises.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous rainbow . . . rainbows. . .
    There just might be a pot of gold at the end of that rainbow . . .
    Brilliant colors . . .
    Happy Easter Cheryl . . .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful rainbow! I haven't seen one in ages.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful rainbow...beautiful post. What a precious gift at the most perfect time of the season! So glad you were able to capture it as wonderfully as you have. Easter blessings, my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a glorious rainbow. The photos were lovely. Have a very Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful rainbow shots! Wishing you a very Blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is the most beautiful rainbow I've ever seen! Just gorgeous. Amen to all that you shared today. He is risen indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous images. Rainbows are so special.Have Blessed Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for this lovely post. I love the photos of the rainbows. I too know that Christ lives; I loved your thoughts on the real reason for Easter. Have a lovely weekend.
    Love and hugs for you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. yes the rainbow isn amazing spectical to see adn to know of God's promise to His people. Have a Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a gorgeous rainbow and a beautiful post. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  22. a truly gorgeous rainbow and so BIG and your photos are wonderful, it is not easy to get such a good shot of a rainbow... Happy Easter and thanks for the rainbow and reminding of of His Promises.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Amen, Cheryl! And you certainly captured beautiful photos of that rainbow. So awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautifully said, and what gorgeous rainbow photos! We don't get much rain, so we rarely see rainbows here. This is a treat. He is risen, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful and it is really tall. Didn't see the double till you pointed it out as I was concentrating on the main one. Outside of the beauty, they always bring comfort.
    Have a blessed Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  26. A spectacular sign in those fine, blue skies! Cheryl, on this Greek Orthodox Palm Sunday, thank you for your Easter Blessing.

    Hope you are enjoying a wonderful day of joy on your Easter Sunday.

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a gift this lovely double rainbow was - thank you for sharing with us. I hope you have enjoyed a blessed Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  28. A beautiful reminder, Cheryl, of the beauty all around that doesn't come in a basket or box. We did not buy candy this holiday, either for ourselves of the grandkids, and it was not missed. Hope your Easter holiday was joyous.

    ReplyDelete